Monday, 14 May 2012

Book Review


The Hunger Games

This story is about a girl called Katniss Everdeen.
Her sister Primrose Everdeen gets called up to be a tribute in the Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games is a big entertainment thing where the Capitol takes two tributes- one girl and one boy from each district (there are 12 districts) and they have to go into an Arena and fight each other to the death and the last tribute standing becomes the victor.

UntitledTo make the story interesting the characters are always doing daring and dangerous things like blowing up the Careers supplies (the careers are the tributes from districts 1, 2 and 4).

Peeta is the most interesting character because he is always doing crazy things like professing his love for Katniss in a public interview.

Katniss is always thinking of winning and how she promised Rue and her sister Primrose that she would try and win for them.

I recommend this book for people who are 10 and older because it's to scary for anyone younger.

By Helen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen
    Congratulations on getting your weekly blogpost finished so quickly! I hope you learned something about embedding photos into blog posts and talked a bit about why you liked the book.

    I think that some people who aren't familiar with The Hunger Games might not know who Rue is or what careers are.

    What are some adjectives (describing words) you could use about the book to make people interested in reading it?

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhh.... Nice review, but I didn't read it all because I haven't read Hunger Games yet! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.