Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Books or Technology?

Books or technology, which is better?

I have to say I love technology, but I also love to read.

If you buy an E-Book you also have to buy lots of books that you can put on it and those books can be very expensive, like some can cost fifty dollars and just for one book! But if you buy a book from the book shop it only costs about twenty dollars.

You can get books out from the library for virtually no cost, but you can't rent an E-Book from the library.
The wonderful smell of new books as you walk into a book shop, and the huge variety of books that you can choose from is fantastic, the sound of cracking the spine for the first time and the rustle of the pages are peaceful calming sounds and you don't get any of those luxuries with an E-Book, it's just click, click, click, no spines to crack, no pages to turn.

E-Books make your eyes hurt if you try to read for hours on end, but with a book you can read for as long as you like without getting sore eyes.
Books can last for a long time if they are treated correctly and they don't have to be charged like an   E-Book does.

So keep it the way it used to be, keep reading your books don't chuck them out just to replace them with E-Books, we all love our books so: Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are a girl after my own heart!

    I love how you described the wonderful smell and sound of a new book. I love to flip through the pages with my thumb, get my Bose as close as possible, and feel the breeze while I smell the pages.

    However, here in IL, USA, I can check out an e-book, no problem. I also really like to listen to books checked out of the library while I get ready for school in the morning.

    I agree with you, and I hope paper books never go out of style while I'm alive! I'm going to ask my 12 year old (7th grade) students what they think about this question, and get back to you.

    Thank you for this thoughtful and lovely blog post!
    -Mrs. Kirr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen
    You know I am in two minds about ebooks. On one hand, I love nothing more than cracking the spine on a new book. On the other, I love travelling. The last time I went backpacking I had seven books in my bag which was a pain as I lugged my bag around different cities. An ebook would be easier for travellers don't you think?

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.