Monday, 6 May 2013

Run

Part 3
I woke up at the crack of dawn, hoping to get some fresh game for breakfast, but Kian was already up with a roaring fire going and some meat roasting on a spit.
I yawned and stretched and then said, "Geeze, you get up early!"
"I know, I've always been an early riser," he replied.
"Well I guess I better go wake Dream then."
"Yes, good idea."
"Wait, what's that smell?"  I said.
"Hmmm," he said sniffing the air, "it smells like..."
"Oh no, the mutant wolves!"  I cried as a howl rose up from the distance.
 "They must have tracked us while we were asleep!  Go and wake Dream, NOW!"  Kian yelled at me.
"Dream? Dream, get up, now! The mutant wolves tracked us while we were sleeping, and are hot on our tail! We need to go, now!"
We gathered up our stuff and Kian threw a flaming stick into the cave in the hopes that the smoke would disguise our scent.

We ran and ran for what seemed like centuries but was probably only a few minutes, searching in vain for somewhere to hide.
Dream tripped and screamed as she fell down a hole in front of us and before Kian and I could stop we had tumbled into the hole as well.  There was a loud 'BANG' and the chink of light above us dissolved into darkness.
We all lay there gasping for breath.
Suddenly there was the sound of footsteps echoing through what appeared to be a long damp tunnel, and then there was a spark fizzling into life right before our eyes, and there stood the strangest creature we had ever laid eyes on...


Look for more soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.