Friday, 7 June 2013

Out of breath!


It was a beautiful sunny day and my heart was pounding as we lined up to start.  Then the hooter went and we were off jogging round the corner and out the front gates. Yes, it was that time of the year again…..Cross Country.    We had trained so hard for it and the teachers had pushed us to our limits.

‘Just keep running, just keep running,’ I silently repeated the mantra to myself over and over, again and again.
Round the corner and up the hill, my legs were cramping and my side was getting tight with an unwanted stitch.

‘Just keep running, just keep running!’

As I came to the corner that Stephanie was standing by, she held up her i-phone and said "Smile Helen!"  I said "No!" and put my hand up to cover my face, but it was too late.  She had a picture of me.

I ran and ran and as I finally came through the tunnel and down the slope I started to sprint the last bit.  I passed three people and I sprinted through the cones and went to get my number.  55th! Two places better than last year! But I was less out of breath than last year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.